Friday, May 8, 2009

Shopping bag pattern

I found this pattern and I was excited to try it out.

The picture below is of a bag I made from grocery store bags that had green writing on them for St. Patrick's Day. Normally that store has red writing. I almost didn't have enough bags to make this and I had to ask everyone I know if they could check if they had some of these green ones. I sewed it together with green yarn.




This one I gave to my sister, Laura, for her birthday.


I made this bag wider. I think the colors are very sunny. The stripes are made of newspaper delivery bags. I got the orange and yellow yarn from my mother. They are scraps from her knitting projects. 





2 comments:

  1. Looks like you've been bitten by the plarn bug too!! It's it a fun way to create cool stuff from free trash? I love the colors you found to use in your shopping bags. I'm always excited when I find cool creations that people have made using my patterns. Best wishes and I hope you continue to enjoy green recycled crafting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are an inspiration. Thanks for commenting on my post. I'm having a lot of fun with this.

    ReplyDelete